- Founded in 1819
- The first private military college in the country and the birthplace of ROTC
- First private college in the country to offer Civil Engineering and the first to incorporate physical education into the curriculum.
- Combines the amenities of a large university with the environment and personalization of a small college.
- Campus Center opened Fall 2007; new dorm opened Fall 2009
- Located in Northfield, VT. Northfield is a rural town located within easy driving distance to many major cities.
- 12 miles from Montpelier, VT and 50 miles from Burlington, VT.
- 2 hours to Montreal, 3 hours to Boston and 4 hours to New York City.
- Served by bus, train and Burlington International Airport.
- Many major ski resorts in the area, including Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Bolton Valley and Stowe.
- The first military college to admit women and the first to appoint a woman to the highest cadet rank.
- Both our traditional civilian students and cadets live by an honor code.
- Numerous opportunities for undergraduate student research.
- Feeder program between the communications department and ESPN.